Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tote/Bag project

I got tired of using my peaches & creme yarn cone for washcloths. So i decided to look up what else would make a good project with 100% cotton yarn. The Sugar & Creme website had patterns... and you will need a login to check it out... but the website is great. Lots of good patterns. You can sort by crochet or knit, and level of difficulty. If you see a couple projects you like, you can basically bookmark them in the website. I like it.

So if you are signed up for their website, you can find the pattern via this link:
Market Tote Bag

I am working on finishing the piece up and am about 3/4 through the main piece. I still need to finish that and make the handles. Not sure if I want to turn it into a diaper bag and stitch in some pockets for bottles or not... we will see how much yarn I have left over.

Tomorrow is Payday. And payday means one thing... fighting with  myself all day to NOT buy more yarn. But i really like the cotton cones. Its a lot of yarn. If i can find the cones in solids that would suit diaper bags, I may alter the pattern a little bit to make it boxier.

All in all, productive day.

Update---

Here is a photo of the finished project. I reinforced the handles and beefed them up in general... as that is generally a point of failure on every purse/tote I have ever had. Was a good project. Not too long, and not too complicated. Will be making again... as I went to walmart again today and got 2 more Peaches & Creme cones. Oops.


No comments:

Post a Comment