Monday, April 16, 2012

Quickly made easy baby blanket

This is taking the basic granny square pattern found here:

http://www.crochetcabana.com/tutorials/granny_square.htm

and continuing the pattern until you get your desired size. This example is about 30x30. I just used 2 strands of sports weight yarn. One was baby blue and one was white. I used a large needle to make it a little more flexible and softer for the baby hands. I used a size M/9mm needle.

This is the finished product:


This worked up in about 5 hours or so for me. Not terribly long. I would have kept going but I ran out of my white yarn and still had a bunch of blue. I need to get better at making my yarn last longer.

Its a very easy pattern that you can either make your squares ahead of time at the size you prefer then work up a blanket when you have enough squares, or make it continuous like this one for a quick baby blanket. Really good for last minute baby showers. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment