Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The latest project 4/10/2012

The following link is for a pattern to a slouchy beanie hat I found via my handy dandy google search. It was a bit difficult to figure out at first, since this was my first time decreasing a double crochet.

You can follow it the way it is stated, or do as I did, and alter the pattern simply by changing hook sizes. I used a large M sized hook for the entirety of double crochets. Also added 3 rows in the middle of the hat between the increasing and decreasing. Then at the end to make what I would call the headband of the piece, I used a J hook for the 4 final rows of single crochet.

http://mssunflwr.blogspot.com/2009/05/level-beginner-materials-one-skein-red.html

Check it out and give it a try. There are many MANY great crochet blogs out there.

This isn't exactly the best for a noob of crochet, but if you can master crocheting rounds and crowns, this shouldn't be a problem. And once you perfect that, hats are very easy to churn out.

This is the bigger baggier beanie with the bigger hook
And here is the original step by step beanie with the hook called for in the pattern

2 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! Oh the hat is also, love the little model.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! She has some sort of strange love of hats. Whenever I wear mine, shes doing everything she can to get it away from me and to her.

    I much prefer the baggier one. The first by the pattern almost made a beret. The baggier one is more for friends of mine with long hair, well those seem to be who like them :-)

    ReplyDelete