Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Granny Square Dishcloth... Winner!

I have no idea why, but some of the patterns I come across that are really easy and very straight forward and basically just making a very small very simple blanket that you just happen to wash your face and butt with, give me complexes. I do not like how the ends turn out and i dont like to have camouflage border to cover it up. But things that seem to look far more complex I seem to breeze through. Maybe I am over analyzing patterns or something.

I have unraveled about 4 washcloths so far, just making me madder and madder.

Then I looked at the pattern on the back of my peaches n cream label. "Granny Square Dishcloth." I probably should have just looked at that from the beginning. Not to mention mere minutes before looking at said pattern I made a generic granny square that you would use for a blanket.... and it turned out nice. Cant say it would do much for washing anything... but I was happy I made something that absorbed water and/or soap.

This is basically the same pattern as a traditional granny square with more DC stitches and less gaps. Huzzah for more surface area. I will be churning these out for the next craft show I can get into. Here is the pattern ... that is totally property of www.peachesandcreme.com But I could not find it on their website so I will just redo it!


Measurement: Approx 10 ins [25.5 cm] square.

Materials: Peaches & Creme
(400g/14oz): 1 ball or 100m/110 yds

Size 5mm (U.S. H or 8) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge.

Gauge: 13 dc and 6.5 rows= 4ins [10cm]

Instructions: Ch 5. Join with sl st to form a ring.

1st Round: Ch 3 (counts as dc). [3dc. (Ch2. 4dc)] 3 times in a ring. Ch 3. Join with sl st to top of ch 3.

2nd Round: Ch 3 (counts as dc). 1 dc in each of next 3 dc. (2 dc. Ch 2. 2dc) in next ch-2 sp. *1 dc in each of next 4 dc (2dc. ch 2. 2 dc) in next ch-2 sp. Rep from* twice more. Join with sl st to top of ch 3.

3rd to 8th Round: Ch 3 (counts as dc). *1 dc in each dc to next ch-2 sp. (2 dc. ch 2. 2 dc) in next ch-2 sp. Rep from * 3 times more. 1 dc in each dc to end of round. Join with sl st to top of chain 3.

9th Round: Ch 1. 1 sc in each dc around, having 3 sc in corner of ch-2 sps. Join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off.


***This is not mine nor do I claim it as my own***

Hopefully will be posting pictures of my finished product within the next few hours... days... something. Either way, it works up very quickly and is very easy once you get the pattern down. 


I might also do away with the 9th round, making 2, and putting together, then SC all the way around to make a pot holder. How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment