Friday, April 27, 2012

Dishcloth Pattern!

I'm sure this may very well be in existence already... but without checking into it, I made washcloths today using the following pattern... which i suppose as of right now, is mine... Mainly cause I'm too lazy to see if there is one just like it out there.

I call it the DC34 washcloth.

Using Peaches and Creme 100% cotton yarn.
Size h/8- 5.00mm hook

Chain 34
DC in 2nd chain from hook.
DC all the way across (should have 32 stitches)
*note, when you get to the ends, and there are those spaces from the chain/turn, I put the 32nd DC in that space. and skip that very first stitch after the chain 2 of the new row... if that makes sense.)
 Chain 2 and Turn.
DC all the way across (just make sure there are 32 stitches!)

I made 19 rows in mine and it looked like a good size. 20 would probably look about the same. But I like odd numbers i suppose.

The finished dishcloth was about a hour or so to make.

I like the way these turned out. I do not like chaining 3 and turning, the finished product doesn't look as finished to me as this way does.

No comments:

Post a Comment