Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Damn you Peaches N' Creme cone!

I went into my local wally world today to pick up some yarn for starting up some dishcloths. I did not realize how far one single cone of this stuff will go. The yarn feels very sturdy and surprisingly, pretty soft... then again I have been dealing with a lot of redheart acrylics... Rough stuff.

I found a pattern for a washcloth for beginners. I didn't like the "skip every other stitch" idea. So I thought I would just basically make a single crochet washcloth. I'm 3 hours into it... and about 2/3 of the way done with it. That will not do. But i learned my lesson. So I suppose I will try it with double crochets, as they take up more length, quicker.

I had a crappy off the top of my head pattern here. It didn't work very well for me, so i did away with it. The post after this has a excellent pattern for a washcloth.



No comments:

Post a Comment