Friday, November 2, 2012

What.... I don't even...

I keep falling off the blogosphere and reappearing when I have time. That is a precious commodity of which I do not get to enjoy nearly enough.

I have taken up sewing. I still continue to crochet at work, since I am not going to be toting the sewing machine to work any time soon to kill time between unloading trucks.

I have opened a Etsy store finally with some of my projects. I have found time to make things after putting my daughter to bed on the weekends. I can usually churn out a couple items every night if I stick to burp cloths and bibs. However I also have been making large over-sized floor pillows with zippers.

I enjoy using the zipper closure more than just stitching it up after stuffing it. Because my daughter has already beaten the crap out of her pillow and it is already in need of more polyfil.

Oh, not to mention I found a great way to kill a ton of yarn. You know, the yarn you say you won't add to until you use what you already have? I wasted about 10 skeins of yarn with a very large hook making my daughter a floor pillow. It is not pretty by any means because halfway through I ran out of complimenting colors and just used whatever I had in my crochet bag. I ran 4 strands of worsted weight yarn at the same time and a larger hook.

Basically just made a slouchy beanie, increased until it looked round enough for me, then stabilized the rows for about 8 inches or so, then started decreasing until I had a tiny hole left, packed it with fiberfil and kind of just stitched the small hole shut and knotted it, leaving a tassel on the end. I think its pretty hideous. My daughter loves it as a bumper when shes running full tilt at her large cloth pillow and bounces off on to the crochet pillow.


This is the large cloth pillow I made with the zipper closure. Its about 38x38. Massive. 


This is the crochet floor pouf I cranked out in about 4 hours. It works up super fast and is effective. It would also look good if you, unlike me, got nice matching yarns to use. 

Now if you will excuse me I have to go wrangle my animals away from my child. Every time she has a snack, apparently its their snack time too. Go figure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment