Friday, November 9, 2012

Christmas Rush

I have had to put a halt to sewing all things sale-able to make way for the seemingly endless list of gifts to make before Christmas  Not that I haven't given myself PLENTY of time to do all the crafts up, however I forgot that my family will be celebrating Christmas in Ohio with my in-laws for thanksgiving instead.

I made my mother in law a very soft cranberry shawl. Shes a avid church goer and could use something nice for the chilly Sunday mornings. The yarn was a bit more than I prefer to spend on crochet stuffs. 12.99 a skein and I used 2.

For my step mom, I got Bernat soft boucle' and made her a large soft scarf with fringe on the ends. I just did double crochets and started with a chain of 27, then started DCs with the 3rd chain from the hook. It turned out very well. Took me a combined time of about 8 or 9 hours for the scarf and another hour to painstakingly attach the fringe. I am making my sister a scarf of the same nature, just a different color of Boucle'. I really like the "teal twist" color. I love heather grey and the shade of blue is perfect.

For my new sister in law, brother in law and their soon to be born son, hats. Because I have no ability to buy things for people, and handmade is the way to go. I have yet to start on them but his will be a simple beanie, as will the hat for the bebe, and hers will be more of a slouchy beanie/beret.

For my dad and brother I am making large pillows. Dads of course, the colors of U of M, and my 26 year old brother? Pfft, Spongebob! I have already made a pillow for my nephew from camouflage that is actually made up of ton of dinosaurs. I need to get some good coupons because I am going to need about 10 pounds or so of good polyfil.

My husband I will actually purchase a gift for because I just need to not make EVERYTHING. And for my lovely 14 month old baby girl, Im debating. I do not have the time for a quilt. So I thought a granny square blanket out of the softest crochet-able yarn I can find. I say "crochet-able" because some of the yarns I am working with on these scarfs are so poofy that I have a hard time finding my spots to make my stitches.

Aside from all that, I'm excited for this holiday to be over so life can resume and I can go back to trying to get my small hobby/business off the ground. I would love to be able to supplement my income.

Here is a easy pattern for quick christmas gifts: (from college craft)
http://collegecraft.wordpress.com/2011/07/25/simple-scarf-with-fringe/

This is basically what I did above. However, I used double crochet, and made it a bit wider. Her fringe tutorial is great as well.


Thanks for stopping by to check up on me, and rolling me on to my side. 'Preciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment